We introduced our psychosocial support services for the staff and beneficiaries, this programme has helped us to remind those we serve to be mindful of their mental health.
One of our Social Workers, Ntombi Ncube said: “There are millions of people in the world who live in extremely difficult circumstances and suffer emotionally. Numerous people live in chronic poverty and live through hardships in our townships, informal settlements and peri urban areas. They may experience loss of family, friends and livelihoods and may confront extreme stressors such as violent deaths, sexual violence or be affected by pandemics that are dominating worldwide currently (HIV/AIDS or Corona virus).”
Our psychosocial support service brings social support to the fingertips of our beneficiaries that may be faced with adversities by:
- Providing practical care and support, which does not intrude;
- Assessing needs and concerns;
- Providing a safe space where we listen to people, but not pressuring them to talk;
- Comforting people and helping them to feel calm;
- Helping people connect to information, services and other forms of support;
- Assisting in protecting people from further harm.
Ntombi continued and said: “Although everyone is affected in some way by adversity, there are a wide range of reactions and feelings each person can have. Many people may feel overwhelmed, confused or very uncertain about what is happening. They can feel very fearful or anxious, or numb and detached. This is when beneficiaries can access the psycho-social programme.”
The main part of the intervention is to assist beneficiaries in:
- Managing Stress
- Managing Problems
- Get Going, Keep Doing
- Strengthening Social Support
- Staying Well and practicing self-care
Let a team of our social workers help you to calm down by offering social and psychological services and help you return back to a positive mindset.
To get in touch with us and return back to a positive mindset, the staff and beneficiaries are encouraged to send us an email: email@example.com or send a Please Call Me to 0685811108, we will call you back.