Our enterprise and supplier development strategy is focused around the promotion of entrepreneurship in the township. Unemployment is a massive problem in our townships and although we aim to get youth into jobs, the reality is that there are not enough jobs out there for everyone. We aim to create income for our beneficiaries by promoting entrepreneurship.
We do this by starting business hubs in township communities, these business hubs have an incubator and open workspaces. Through the incubator we help unemployed people from the townships to start their own business and the open workspaces provide office space for township entrepreneurs.
Our first business hub was launched on November 13, 2015 and is called the JOZi Business Hub. Besides the business hubs we focus a township based fashion brand and recruitment agency. Our township fashion brand produces among other clients for Woolworths and our recruitment agency places interns at among others Discovery and Spar. We also aim to develop entrepreneurs who can become suppliers to our corporate partners such as IDC, Philips, Absa, Experian, Discovery, Nozala, Woolworths, Spar and Powerratings.
Enterprise and Supplier Development 2021:
- Our business hub in Orange Farm hosts approximately 30 local entrepreneurs who own local SMMEs. These SMMEs have access to training, business support, computers, printing, phone, internet, office facilities and micro funding.
- Our business hub in Diepsloot currently hosts approximately 50 local entrepreneurs who own local SMMEs. The services offered at this hub are similar to the hub in Orange Farm.
- The second hub in Orange Farm is sponsored by Discovery. We develop local entrepreneurs so that they can become suppliers to Discovery.
- A Female Entrepreneurship Programme, Buzz 4 Eve was launched to train and inspire women in townships to pursue entrepreneurship. Female entrepreneurs who attend the events get to pitch their business ideas and stand a chance to win R 12 500.00 seed capital to boost their businesses.
- Another entrepreneurship programme called Orange Corners, initiated by the Dutch Embassy also trains and develops entrepreneurs.
- Tsoga! is our latest programme for entrepreneurs combining human rights, gender based violence and entrepreneurship, to ensure young women are less vulnerable to gender based violence.
- Our clothing factory in Orange Farm produces for Garden Morris and Woolworths.
- Our recruitment agency recruits learners for companies such as Discovery and Spar.
Photo: our entrepreneurs at the Orange Farm business hub getting ready to serve the guests with their well prepared food.